Translate

Friday, July 21, 2017

Two objectives

I am the first international traveler to leave a computer power cable at home. The shame of this compelled me to slink over to NOTBOOKS.HU, five blocks from the hotel, and purchase an Hungarian one for $5. Said cable is presently powering this computer in a fully satisfactory way (so far), so there is hope for idiots.

The second mission was to obtain an Hungarian SIM card. At Vodophone, (four blocks the other way) I obtained the card, 100 minutes, and 5gB of data for $11. What a world we live in! Write to me if you want my phone number in Hungary.

Both missions accomplished, I began looking for something familiar. Walking back from Vodophone, this sight beckoned me:


I encountered one of these in Shanghai. Everywhere in the world, it seems, there are Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The last few drops

With our friends Jerry & Kay A group from Texas Jerry with the M's A pair of Luddites from NC (they were both reading paper books on...